Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I get my Hp LaserJet 4+ to print with Linux?

I want to print via my network, but every time I send a job, it just prints loads of garble!How do I get my Hp LaserJet 4+ to print with Linux?
I think you'll need to be more specific. What's the server running, I assume the client is linux?How do I get my Hp LaserJet 4+ to print with Linux?
You need to test the printer when it is connected directly to a linux printer. If it works then, but does not work through the network, the network configuration is your problem.





As I recall, I used to print from my desktop running Linux to our old HP 4. It was finicky, and sometimes came up with problems, but that was a few years ago. Things have gotten better with each release of Linux, so I suspect if you configure everything correctly it should work just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment