Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why are the pages all black when I print things on my hp laserjet 6L printer? Thanks.?

I noticed there is a thick dark line of ink on the roller in the cartridge.Why are the pages all black when I print things on my hp laserjet 6L printer? Thanks.?
I think Chas is thinking of an inkjet printer, not a laser. More than likely you have a bad toner cartridge, but your laser or high voltage power supply may be bad. A thick line of toner around the cartridge does indicate that there is a problem with the cartridge not fully cleaning the drum, but doesn't necessarily mean the cartridge is bad to the point it is causing the problem you've described. Here are the steps directly out of the service manual for your printer:





Black page


A page is completely black.


 The toner cartridge may not be installed properly. Remove the cartridge and reinsert it.


 The toner cartridge may be defective. Replace it.


 There may be discontinuities in the high-voltage contact points. Clean the high voltage contact points on the toner cartridge and transfer roller.


 Replace the DC Controller or Laser/Scanner unit





Good luck.Why are the pages all black when I print things on my hp laserjet 6L printer? Thanks.?
The cart. face and the cart. seat need to be cleaned periodically with a damp Q-tip. The contacts are probably inked over. Clean them.





Also go into Prefences and make sure that that you are not printing the backgrounds. Sometimes you may want to print backgrounds but you'll save mucho ink if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment