Monday, December 21, 2009

My Hp LaserJet 3015 printer produces print jobs that have a really dark background. How can I get rid of it?

I am running this on Ubuntu Kernel 7.10x. However, this should not matter because when I print a page out from the printer directly I get the same problem. Do I need to somehow clean it? Or could the toner not be good anymore.My Hp LaserJet 3015 printer produces print jobs that have a really dark background. How can I get rid of it?
Sounds like there is something wrong with the toner (most likely black), or your printer has an issue controlling the amount of black coming out.





First, take the toner you have out and reput it in so that it recalibrates.





Second, see if your printer has a cleaning cycle (prints out blank for along time with heat to clean everything off).





Third, attempt to use a new black toner.





Otherwise, I hope your under warranty, but it most likely wont be worth trying to fix. HP LJs are GREAT though!

No comments:

Post a Comment