Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a HP LaserJet 1022 that will not install. I have tried two different ones and both do the same thing.?

I am running Windows XP. I have run the installation software on the disc several times with no luck.I have a HP LaserJet 1022 that will not install. I have tried two different ones and both do the same thing.?
After installing your printer,





go to ctrl panel%26gt;printers and faxes





select your printer hp laserjet 1022, right click and select properties.





go to the ';Ports'; tab





Select the right port. Please note that your 1022 should be on a USB port...





Hopes this helps. A lot of my customers has this prob.I have a HP LaserJet 1022 that will not install. I have tried two different ones and both do the same thing.?
UNPLUG printer,


RUN installer, connect printer ONLY when prompted to do so, assuming you are on USB.





If on TCPIP setup, install as USB (connected when asked for) then set an IP address according to HP instructions and in the printer properties, select ports, ADD PORT, TCP/IP, and enter it's IP Address.





If they are under warranty still HP should help you.
www.hpstore.com. Support. Enter the name of your printer, make sure it is on and a scan will be run for problems. Then, a technician will come on and help solve your problem, or you can telephone HP technical support. You do not give much info about your operating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment