Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I put a password for my hp color laserjet 2550n. No one is supposed to use it at office but me. Thanks

I already have a password for my computer but anyone is permitted to access it. The printer is another story and I want to have a password for the printer apart from the computerHow can I put a password for my hp color laserjet 2550n. No one is supposed to use it at office but me. Thanks
OK, this will depend on a lot of things, including which OS you are using, if you are in a Domain etc.





But, the general rules to prevent others printing to a shared printer are as follows:





Click ';Start'; %26gt; ';Control Panel'; %26gt; ';Printers %26amp; Faxes';


Right-Click on your printer and choose ';Properties';


Click on the ';Security'; tab up top.


Remove ';Everybody'; and put in just yourself with ';Print';, ';Manage Documents'; and ';Manage Printers'; permissions.How can I put a password for my hp color laserjet 2550n. No one is supposed to use it at office but me. Thanks
just remove the power or the toner cartridges when you're done printing and put in back when it is time for you to use it, simple as that
All three products include one hi-speed USB 2.0 port and one IEEE-1284B parallel port. The HP Color LaserJet 2550Ln and 2550n models also include an RJ-45 network port (10/100Base-Tx) for connecting to a network.





If you connect it to router using a Ethernet cable. Enter the IP address of printer in address bar of a new internet explorer page. It will open a Embedded web server page. You can access all the controls in that EWS page including security





Perfect webpage to resolve the issue :





http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec鈥?/a>
  • kellybluebookvalue.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment