Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it possible to connect my HP laserjet 4m to my dell E310 desktop?

My printer has a network card with parallel, serial, ethernet, BNC and localtalk (apple) connections. My Dell has only USB, Firewire, and Ethernet connections. I have already tried connecting the two via ethernet, but I cannot get the two to communicate. I'm certain that neither device is malfunctioning as each works fine with other counterparts.Is it possible to connect my HP laserjet 4m to my dell E310 desktop?
You can get them to work together. what you'll need is a USB to Parallel adapter similar to this one:





http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/鈥?/a>





don't bother trying to use the ethernet ports. they are for connecting to networks.Is it possible to connect my HP laserjet 4m to my dell E310 desktop?
yes





anything is possible





see the proff
ya
It must be posible to get an adapter but as to conecting via the ethernet you would need a router you can't just conect them together, it might be cheaper to get an adapter though if you can get one but the router way should work
you can... why not they are meant to be connected.. they are made to connect....





Try the usb


and install the drive for your printer in your computer





dont try to connect with ethernet.. but get a network technician instead...i think you will have a hard time to get it working and i think you already had that phase... :D
Try geting a connector form Serial to USB ther available that will help you
If the printer has ethernet and not usb, and the laptop has USB and no parallel port you should be able to use ethernet. Were both laptop and printer connected to a router? Both will look for a DNS server to get them communicating with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment