Thursday, December 17, 2009

I am thinking of buying hp laserjet 1500 , but the driver for windows vista is not available?

will u plz tell me where to find driver .


hp says that this device is not compatible for vista ,


is there any one who is using it on vista os?I am thinking of buying hp laserjet 1500 , but the driver for windows vista is not available?
Yes, but only because I have a network and my laptop has XP. Since there is no driver for Vista for the 1500, I have to make sure my laptop is connected to the network before I can print. I checked several places around a month ago to see if I could find out if HP was going to make a driver for this, but everything I read said they would not. I was not happy, but at least I figured out a way around it. I haven't checked lately to see if they have changed their mind about this, but I doubt it. I read somewhere that if something is 3 years old or older, they will not make a driver to support it. Hope this helps.I am thinking of buying hp laserjet 1500 , but the driver for windows vista is not available?
Have you tried first going to the HCL (hardware compatibility list) for Vista first? Then see what they DO support and go from there.





Otherwise, I would reconsider going back to XP in lieu of Vista...too many issue caused by Vista unless your willing to re-buy eveything.

No comments:

Post a Comment