Thursday, December 17, 2009

How may I change the IP address on my JetDirect-equipped HP LaserJet printer?

I have a LaserJet 8150N printer which has a JetDirect network card installed. I bought the printer used without manuals. The current IP address on the printer is 192.0.0.192, with the same IP for the default gateway and no subnet mask specified. I need to change this address to 192.168.1.253, with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and a default gateway of 192.168.1.1.





I have tried downloading network setup software from HP for this (Windows XP) without success. I have also gone through the printer panel several times looking for a place to change the IP and I cannot find a place to change the address. I get to a place that says IP Yes/No, but that doesn't let me change the address.





Can someone tell me how to do this either through software or through the panel on the printer?





Thanks.How may I change the IP address on my JetDirect-equipped HP LaserJet printer?
Most of this is done from web enabled interfaces.





You would need to place a computer on the 192.0.0 network which could access the printer's web interface. Change the network settings and turn off the printer. Connect the printer back to the main LAN and turn on the printer. Print a test page to verify settings and you're good to go.How may I change the IP address on my JetDirect-equipped HP LaserJet printer?
See if this is what you're looking for........





In particular, pages 7,11,15,46,52
You were close but you just didn't go far enough in the menu to set the ip address. the good thing about HP is they include a web-embedded interface to all of their network printers nowadays.





to access the printer settings open your browser and type in the Printer's IP address as the URL(http://192.0.0.192) and press enter. Once you see the page come up, click on the Networking tab and change the IP address, the subnet, etc....and click apply to make the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment