Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Does the driver for HP LaserJet 1018 for VISTA provide toner depletion detection?

Well the old drive for Windows XP actually tells you when to change the toner and when the toner is close to running out. The new drive (for vista, not XP) does not seem to do the same thing. This is an issue for me, because how would I know when to change the toner, and when the toner is depleted? Answers are welcomed! The best technical answer gets my 5 points! Woohoo.Does the driver for HP LaserJet 1018 for VISTA provide toner depletion detection?
I think a clue would be when your pages print in faded black. But I guess with vista you can wait until they come out completely clear.


By the way, I bought a toner refill on ebay for $10 which worked perfectly. I had to drill a hole in the cartridge (I actually melted it with a soldiering iron).
  • kellybluebookvalue.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment