Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I stop my HP Laserjet 4 from printing tons of of blank paper when I push the ONLINE button?

The light for ';Formfeed'; is always on, indicating it thinks that there is a lot to print. This all happened after I connected it to my wife's Dell. Before that it was fine. I think maybe a cold boot will reset everything, but I don't know how to do it. Anybody have any ideas?How do I stop my HP Laserjet 4 from printing tons of of blank paper when I push the ONLINE button?
Hey, I've had the same problem. If it's the same cause for us both, then it's not a printer problem, your wife's computer most likely had lots of documents in the printer queue waiting to print. This would happen if she tried to print something online when the printer was ';offline';. The problem would be compounded if she, in her frustration, clicked print over and over, which would load the same print job into the queue over and over... Anyway, it's easy to solve. Open the print job queue from Control Panel%26gt;Printers %26amp; Faxes%26gt;YOUR PRINTER NAME and delete (or ';cancel';) all the print jobs. THEN bring the printer online. If it still spits out blank sheets, let it go. Once it finishes all the obsolete ';print jobs';, it'll settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment