Thursday, December 17, 2009

How do I connect my HP laserjet 1100 printer to my new laptop which doesn't have a parallel socket on it?

I have a an old HP laserjet 1100 printer, and a very new HP laptop, and unfortunately I don't have a 25 pin parallel socket on the laptop, so I therefore can't connect my printer.





I also bought a USB to parallel cable, thinking I could just connect it to a USB port, but the socket on the printer seems old and strange, and it won't connect to the typical parallel cable.





I'm in San Diego and Radio Shack couldn't help me as they only had the same USB/parallel cable which I already have.





How else can I connect a 25 pin parallel cable onto my new laptop, so I can print?How do I connect my HP laserjet 1100 printer to my new laptop which doesn't have a parallel socket on it?
Your printer only has this port: IEEE 1284-compliant bidirectional parallel port.





Hence if the USB to parallel cable doesn't fit , you are out of luck, you won't be able to connect it.How do I connect my HP laserjet 1100 printer to my new laptop which doesn't have a parallel socket on it?
check out this device and see if it's the same as the one you have. verify that you have parallel connector oriented correctly as there is a top and bottom to the connector.





http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searc鈥?/a>
Go online to: www.cablesforless.com They have adapters just for this purpose, or info as to how to do it.
You might consider upgrading the printer? There are lot of new ones available that are very inexpensive?





Sounds like you are like me and like to use what you already have and are familiar with.





These guys have a USB converter from the 25 pin Centronics parallel to the USB port for $20 plus shipping ...





http://www.usb-port.com/bf1284.html

No comments:

Post a Comment