Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How can I change the word DEMO on my HP Laserjet 4000 PCL6 display to the word READY?

A used one I just bought always reads DEMO after I turn it on. My other one always reads READY when I turn it on. I can not find any reference to such in any of the menu subjects nor in the user manual.How can I change the word DEMO on my HP Laserjet 4000 PCL6 display to the word READY?
check to see if configuration is locked. if it is, you need assistance from administrator (page ix of table of contents is all about control panel menus).





print and compare the configuration on both your printer and identify the difference see page 93 of manual for steps on how to print the configuration.





check configuration item about auto continue.





also see page 84-93 and page 72 of the manual at...





http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/sit鈥?/a>





review and find out more about how to reset printer to factory default (please use extreme caution any configuration changes previously made will be erased). make sure you have printed the configuration!!! if in doubt call HP support for assistance.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment