Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can I make a HP Laserjet 4000 printer wireless to work with a laptop. Is there an adapter I can purchase?

I have a HP LJ 4000 printer that's been sitting in my basement for about 3 years. My wife bought a laptop with the Vista home operating system and I want it to be able to print to the printer through a wireless connection. Is this possible? If yes, I'm open to advice and suggestions.Can I make a HP Laserjet 4000 printer wireless to work with a laptop. Is there an adapter I can purchase?
If it doesn't have Vista driver, you will not be able to use it, network or direct. And then some print servers that you can get has very limited compatibility list. So you need to check the compatibility list before you get the print server.Can I make a HP Laserjet 4000 printer wireless to work with a laptop. Is there an adapter I can purchase?
I'm assuming you have the HP 4000 without the JetDirect network card (which would make it an HP 4000N). If you don't have the card, the one that fits in there is the HP JetDirect 600N. I believe any of the other JetDirect cards withe EIO interfaces will work as well.





HP Jetdirect 620n (J7934G)


HP Jetdirect 625n (J7960G)


HP Jetdirect 635n (J7961G)


HP Jetdirect 630n (J7997G)





Unless you can pick up one of those used on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-JETDIRECT-NETWORK鈥?/a> ) that's a costly way to go. Also, that only gives you wired Ethernet. However, you can then hook the printer up to a wireless router or wireless access point and go from there.





An alternative is to get a wireless print server. The trick with the HP4000 is that it doesn't have a USB port, which is what a standard wireless print server will expect. You'll need a wireless print server like this one: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?s鈥?/a> , which has a parallel port built in.
here check


http://www.notebook-batteries.net
Yes you can using a wireless print server, and wireless access point or router. Here are some examples. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment