Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have a hp laserjet 4200n. When I print, it prints dots down the right hand side of the page. How do I fix?

The problem could be in the toner cartridge or the fuser. More than likely it will be the toner cartridge. You can take out the toner cartridge, move the protective cover from over the drum and manually turn the drum using the gear on the end and look for a spot on the drum that would align with that side of the page. If you find one, you can try wiping it off with a tissue, it just may be a stuck spot of toner. but if it is a small chip out of the surface, then it will need to be replaced.





If you don't see one there, you could have a problem with the fuser.





With the printer off, you can remove the fuser and inspect it if you like by also using the gears on the end to rotate the fuser rollers.





To remove the fuser:


- Open the rear output bin.


- Squeeze in the left hinge pin out of its mounting hole.


- Rotate the output bin away from the printer until the right hinge pin is released, and then remove the output bin.





- Squeeze upwards the blue fuser-release tabs.


- Pull the fuser straight back and out of the printer.





To reinstall just push the fuser back in until both latches are latched and reinstall the output bin.





Wherever you find the problem, that part will need to be replaced.





Best of luck.I have a hp laserjet 4200n. When I print, it prints dots down the right hand side of the page. How do I fix?
Try another toner cartridge. That should fix you up.I have a hp laserjet 4200n. When I print, it prints dots down the right hand side of the page. How do I fix?
Replace the toner cartridge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment